Wednesday, September 5, 2012

I love to see the Temple

We were able to attend the Brigham City Temple open house this summer!
I am not going to lie, this was not an amazing and wonderful and spiritual experience like I had planned, hoped or expected.
We had tickets to attend on Labor Day since Aaron had the day off.  Well, apparently so did everybody else and thier brother, mother, father and grandpa!!! 
We arrived at our assigned parking lot a few minutes early to feed the baby before we headed out.  We were met with a 30 minute wait to get on the shuttle, okay!?  We finally got loaded and headed across town to the temple.  What we were unprepared for was the 3 hour wait to get INSIDE the temple. The line went almost the entire way around the block of the temple, then switch backs through the parking garage, then you watch a movie in an extremely hot crowded room before you get to the doors.  The kids did so good.  It was SO hot and we stood in the sun, in church clothes for SO long.  Unfortunately, they were all out of super good before we got inside!  I am happy that so many people came to see the temple.  I don't blame them for not turning anyone away, that is not how Jesus would have done it. But, I learned that since they don't check tickets, don't go on a holiday!!!


It is a beautiful temple!  Jared chose the Celestial Room to have a melt down.  I hope Heavenly Father understands since the poor 2 year old had been in the sun and in line for so long!  He talks all the time about getting to go inside the temple so even though I felt discouraged and frustrated with how the event went, I hope that he, and hopefully all of them, at least understood that we felt it was important and they will remember that they got to see the temple.




This about sums up the day.  Lots of bored waiting time.  They were such good little troopers.  We rewarded them with dinner out! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment