Thursday, September 15, 2011

Tomatoes... and other gardening adventures

Tomatoes, tomatoes and MORE tomatoes.
They are coming out of our ears!!!

Okay not really but this was the biggest crop ever, we had the entire cooler filled plus our 2 biggest buckets filled to over flowing.  It was insane.  I did a few batches of pizza sauce, lots and lots of salsa and then ended up giving a box full to Kim because I was just so tierd of tomatoes.

This has been the best garden we have ever had. We have had a bunch of cantelopes and we have 19 pumpkins growing right now.  Peppers are big and beautiful and we have onions that are HUGE!!!
Carrots are still underground but they look great too.
We really have been so very blessed and even though I do not enjoy canning I love the feeling that I have when I see my jars finished and sealed and know that I can feed my family on what WE grew and harvested!!!

I do have the BEST washers!!! They washed all the produce and put it in the buckets for me!!!

Grandma's Chili Sauce recipe!!!
Yum, yum yummy!
Gonna have some roast for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment