WE MADE IT!!!!
We have been home from the hospital for a whole week (well in a few hours) and have survived it with TWO DIABETICS... it has been rough, tough and a lot of no fun moments but everybody is still alive and kicking and Mom still has hair, although I have consumed a lot of chocolate!!! Oh well.
Dad even finished framing the room he was working on and air vents in the basement, thanks to some help from a great neighbor friend!!!
Sorry that last post was a little down! Ok a lot, it has just been a rough 2 weeks and I can only handle so much! That is why today was so good. We had good numbers, overall. We had very little in the way of tears. Trevor decided to try beef jerky and had 2 actually. He asked for peanuts for a snack. He didn't ask for anything when Andrew needed a snack to pick his number up after school, a first! I realized that a 1/2 cup serving of the baby puffs is only 6grams... a FREE snack. I see lots of bottles of puffs in our future :) HORRAY for low to no carb snacks that he is happy to eat!!! Progress! I will take it.
Andrew has been the hard one this week. He crashed, like MAJOR crashes, three times this week. He was like 42 at school on Wednesday and it took 3 juice boxes and 2 fruit snacks just to get him to 89!!!! NOT GOOD. He crashed that night at basketball practice, same thing. Loaded up on carbs and little effect. Then of course he went high during the night, go figure. Then Thursday he calls me again from school at 45. I just went and got him...what is wrong??? Got him back up and Aaron adjusted some of his settings and so Friday... pretty good numbers, well until bedtime when he is crashing again. For the love. I am just so so so grateful that he recognizes when he is low. If it was Trevor, we would be in serious trouble. But, Trevor's numbers have been pretty darn good. A few highs but not too terribly high. He keeps asking for a low so he can have apple juice. Makes me giggle but I am really hoping we don't get any lows!!!
I got to go do crafts with a friend last night. Made some bows for the baby!!! I am enjoying this way too much. I also have half of the front of the bumpers finished. It is a lot of work, but I think it is going to be super cute. The colors are kinda bright. I like them, but they aren't me as much as I maybe would have picked. Well, I did pick them but not really with the intent of doing the room just ended up with too much fabric I didn't want to waste! Anyway, I will take a picture and post it soon.
Jared has been a little jealous I think. He is always trying to get on my lap when Trevor is there. He says "mommy" and gives me big hugs. He is so stinkin' cute. He asks me to help with something and he says "thank you". He blows me kisses and says "love you" as he walks out of the room, usually followed with a "bye" or a "be right back". He is always giggling and I just can't help but grab that little body and hug and kiss that kid!
Landon, I feel for. He sandwiched between these two needy emotional brothers and then a baby brother who needs help still with everything. I feel like he is just starving for some attention but I don't know how to break away from these other three and give it to him. I wonder if this is common for a second child or if I am just more neglectful than most moms. I don't know. He is still my sunshine and I love his sparkly eyes and smile. I hope he knows how special he is and how much I love him!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Yay for good numbers today!! I am so sorry I wasn't home on Wednesday when you called. I guessed something happened when I saw you leaving the circle as I pulled in. Ugh!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see the bows and the baby bumpers! You are super woman to be doing crafts when I would barely be breathing if I was in your shoes. AMAZING!!
I know Landon knows how much you love him. I feel for Corbin sometimes too being the second child. It is the little moments you can sneak that make all the difference! You are fabulous. Don't forget that :)
Wow, Amy, what a crazy time for you and your family! I wish we lived closer still and could help out. I'm glad Trevor is doing okay now and hope Andrew gets back on track soon. You are an amazing mother! I'm sure all your kids know that you love them very much. Every mother has been at that place though. When that happens in my life I just try and remember that I'm not required to run faster than I am able. Good luck with this new change in your life! Keep making those bows, it will make you feel better :)
ReplyDeleteBecky, I don't know how else to get in touch and don't know if you will even see this but send me your blog address or an email address or something. It has been WAY too long!!!!
DeleteHey there. As a second child I can say that it is rough but Landon is a great sweetheart and he knows that he is loved. You are a wonderful mother Amy. Hang in there. As for the bows I am jealous, I will admit. I LOVE that you finally get to do girl stuff. Enjoy this time and just give that cute Landon a big squeeze! xoxo
ReplyDeleteWhat if you and Landon just went to get an ice cream cone one evening while Aaron is home? It would just let him know that Mom is paying attention to him too! All they need is to feel visible and I am sure you are doing so much better than you think you are.
ReplyDelete