Okay, here are a few pictures of the first phase of the basement!!!
This is the wall that was too heavy for him to lift without his STONG assistant (me) :)
We got it up and then another one after I took these so I will have to post again sometime soon... when the last 2 walls are done. YES, only 2 tiny bathroom walls and a few tiny fixes and the framing is done!!!!
This is a shot of the HUGE closet, of course that shelf will come out eventually.
BIG thanks to Steve who spent a few good hours helping with that air vent shaft thing-a-ma-jig (I don't remember what it is called but he was here way after I went to bed!!!) And he has been here other nights too. Grateful for friends who can lend a hand when I can't!
This is the wall that was too heavy for him to lift without his STONG assistant (me) :)
We got it up and then another one after I took these so I will have to post again sometime soon... when the last 2 walls are done. YES, only 2 tiny bathroom walls and a few tiny fixes and the framing is done!!!!
This is a shot of the HUGE closet, of course that shelf will come out eventually.
BIG thanks to Steve who spent a few good hours helping with that air vent shaft thing-a-ma-jig (I don't remember what it is called but he was here way after I went to bed!!!) And he has been here other nights too. Grateful for friends who can lend a hand when I can't!
This is from the far wall looking into the bedroom. Ignore my wheat storage on the far left.
Behind the wheat is the closet and then obviously straight on is the door frame!
So... MY projects. Because I have to have something to keep me busy while hubby is busy in the basement.
Well, I have read a few books, gone to bed early... a lot, and inbetween I have been sewing PINK!!!
This is the bumpers that I made for the baby. Kind of bright and BOLD... not what you would expect from me, huh? Yeah, but I like it. I took a little extra time (and fabric) and made them even more girly with the ruffles. They were time consuming but I think well worth it. I think they turned out cute and am anxious to see them up and in the room. I really wanted something to make that green painted room look like a girl room. Think this will do the trick? :)
Also, I spent an evening with my friend Ashlee and we made hair clips for baby girl's hair.
This is just the start of course because I need light pink and purple and yellow and gray...
SOOO excited for a GIRL!!!
This is hard to photograph but I made 2 matching hooded towels for a ward friend who is having TWIN BOYS about the same time I am due. Well, she will probably have hers first because she is having twins and well because even though I am 2 weeks ahead everybody else seems to get their babies early and I don't. But, they turned out pretty cute, simple but cute. Functional at the least!
Simple Quilt to go on the bed, with the bumpers.
I have a feeling a lot more blankets will be sewn.
I have also done a dozen burp clothes but no pictures... plus I will probably give a lot away as we have a dozen or more babies in our ward coming this spring/summer!!!!
Beads... I have learned how through youtube to make watch bands out of beads.
It is fun. I love putting them on and then rearranging and just playing with the colors and shapes and sizes and watching a unique watch band come together.
And then I also made this little bag. LOVE LOVE LOVE the fabrics and thought it would be perfect for the new diaper bag I ordered. It would have been except it has SO many pockets I don't know that I really need a little diaper tote. SO, for now I am looking for a use but I think when new baby comes it will work great for feminine mommy supplies, if ya know what I mean.
We are keeping busy!!!
Love watching us create things with our hands and develop new talents.
I will admit hands down Aaron's work is WAY more impressive than mine though, and it will last a lot longer too!!!



your basement is looking awesome! It is such a long process! So Good Luck in a good way! And WOW! I love all the projects you are working on! The bumper pads ARE SUPER CUTE! And I love the little hair stuff! I need to get with Ashlee and learn those cute tricks before she leaves, unless you'd be kind to pass them on! Love the beads too!
ReplyDeleteWE LOVE - LOVE - LOVE Mr. Steve he is the greatest, he knows everything and is so willing to serve. I adore all of your projects and still envy how talented and creative you are. You never are defeated Amy and can do it all. I am so excited to meet this cute little princess. The bold pink is wonderful and will look great in that green room. Great choice. Make sure you sneak in a nap every now and then. xoxo
ReplyDeleteJust because the project is bigger doesn't make it better! It isa great project, but so are all the things you are making that I totally can't!
ReplyDelete