Friday, February 4, 2011

Life is Good. It is Oh so good!

There are days when I feel like the rain will never end.  That the storm is bigger than me and I can not catch up with all that I need to do, all that I need to be.  I look at my boys and become overwhelmed with the thought of how are we going to feed them, cloth them, prepare them properly to do well in school and in life.  Am I doing enough to teach them so that they will want to make good choices.  Have I prayed enough that they will be safe from bad situations and bad people.  Have I been an example for good.  I know that I have my shortcomings but have they picked up on the things that I do right.  I am a worrier by nature.  I can find a million things to worry about once I get started I just get deeper and deeper into it.

Last night we had parent teacher conference for Andrew and I was so worried.  I was worried because the things that I do hear about are his chattiness... I was worried that he was the kid that was sitting alone in the back of the class, or the only one writing sentences.  I was convinced that he was the student that when she saw his desk empty in the morning she was relieved for a day without him.  I was worried.  I walked away so relieved to find out that he is doing fantastic in school.  He is top in his class for math, he has tested beyond where they can measure at this point for reading.  He is doing his work he is helping in class.  He is taking good care of his diabetes.  He is just a little chatty.  He has had to be moved away for a few hours one afternoon but it was a one time thing.  She has three of the chattiest kids all sitting at the same table and I feel that is her own fault to an extent... you don't put kids that are not going to do well next to each other together.  I was happy.

We went to the dentist yesterday morning.  I was worried.  I feel like an awful mother that we have already had cavities.  I never had a single one and I could never figure out why my kids have so many.  Andrew had four more and Trevor had one.  I wanted to cry.  I was embarrassed.  I wanted to plead my case that I DO brush their teeth.  Then the Dr. explained why... there was a reason.  Trevor has a fused tooth up front.  He said that where the fused part is there is a groove.  The back side of the tooth has a deep groove and he has a tiny cavity in that back groove.  He told me it was not my fault.  He expected to see one there.  Andrew also had an explaination.  He doesn't grow enamel properly.  The Dr. said that the way teeth and enamel grow they are suppose to completely cover the tooth around the sides and then meet in the middle... well his doesn't meet in the middle.  He told me he didn't have a chance because he would get those cavities as soon as the teeth grew in (these are his 6 year old molars).  I felt so much better.  Landon didn't want to be left out and although he did not have any cavities his x-ray showed that he has an extra tooth growing in up in the front with his big teeth (which he said are BIG).  So yet another thing to worry about.

Trevor's first Trip to the Dentist!!! He did so great. 
This is actually from the second trip when he got his filling and he did FANTASTIC!!!!
The final life is good moment was when Aaron got good news at work.  News that will benefit us beyond what I had even hoped for.  I love those moments.  I know that the Lord is watching out for us.  We are blessed for doing what is right, sacrificing all that we have and paying our tithing.  I know that the sun is shining, the rain has parted and the smell of clean and refeshed life is glorious.  My mom sent me a card years ago during a hard time that said there will be storms in life but we need to learn to splash in the puddles.  I need to remember that because after the storm passes the day is clear and even more beautiful than it was before.  Everything has been watered and is alive and green.  I feel loved, I feel blessed and I know that my life is oh so good!  The fights continue, the rooms are still a mess and there are still the worries of future and missions and all that will come but for now the sun is shining and the day is beautiful.

1 comment:

  1. Loved this!! I am a total worrier too! So glad you got good news with Aaron's work. WAHOO!! Let the celebrations begin! I agree, life is good!!

    ReplyDelete