Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Stay At Home Mom

I feel like the last few posts have been all sentimental but I have so much going on in my head and my heart.  As I was driving Andrew to piano last Thursday out of the blue he commented "Mom, you should get a job and work from home so that we can buy more things and have a nicer car".  I was caught off guard and I was speechless.  I said we would talk about it later and then thoughts and feelings came into my mouth and I started talking right then.  I do not remember the words exactly that I said but I bore my testimony of being at home.  I told all of them right then that this is my job, my calling in life.  If I got a job, even at home, it would take my time away from them.  There would be more chores for them to help with because I would be too busy to do them all, there would be less time for me to help them with homework, to play a game or to read them stories.  I would be too tired to make them dinner and to worn out to take them fun places.  I explained that even when Jared is in school and I have more time IF I get a job I will ALWAYS be there when they go to and come home from school... and of course threw in the disclaimer, unless something happens and I have to work to help our family. 
How blessed we are that I don't have to work.  So many moms do to put food on the table and pay the bills, so many mom choose to so that they can go on fun vacations and have neat toys.  I know that I was always jealous that we never did super fun things growing up either but I know that it is more important for me to be here with them.  I understand where his 7 year old mind is at.  It would be fun to go snowboarding, or to Disneyland like they always ask to do.  They do not understand that we have a mini van because I think they are way more practical for us.  I like being able to take all 4 kids to Costco and fit all of my purchase in the trunk with Jared's stroller.  I like the stow and go under the floor so we always have a jacket, water bottles and emergency kit just in case.  I know that it is the less fancy but I like it!
I hope that they can recognize the things that we do have.  That our dad has a job, a good job and he is able to provide us with all that is important so that their mom can be home and take care of them.  How blessed we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment