There have become a few traditions for the 4th of July over the past few years. The boys all get a new "America" shirt... sometimes Old Navy, sometimes not... this year it was. We go to the West Jordan parade with Grandma, Laine's family and Kris' family. They get to have a flag to wave. We go back and play at Grandpa and Grandma's house and swim and eat and have fun with whoever comes and then we BBQ. After dinner we load up and head to Murray Park for fun and then fireworks.
WELL... Aaron had to work this year on the 4th, and with 5 kids, a new baby, by myself we decided to skip the events and pick up with everybody just before the BBQ. Boys were disappointed, it was a bit less exciting but we still had a great holiday. They got to swim and play with cousins. The food was yummy and the fireworks show was amazing. And of course, Grandma had the glow sticks that they look forward to every year.
The kids in their new shirts.
Lindsay in her red white and blue!
Our annual family picture in front of the mountains.
This year we have a new addition!
The cousins... minus Brian and Kerri's family.
The girls :) Just chillin', waiting for the show and watching the kids play.
Jared wanted Lindsay to have some glow sticks too.
This little turkey scared us all to death. There was a group playing football behind where we were sitting and over a little ways. I looked over every once and a while to check on him and then suddenly I looked and NO Jared. I got up and started looking, Aaron was looking, Laine, Heidi, Tyson, Makayla, Grandma, Andrew... everybody was looking and nobody could see him. I was about in tears thinking the worst of course and praying he was ok, not taken away, when Aaron found him clear on the other side of the park. He was looking for us and had just walked past our spot. He wasn't scared yet but I told him I was scared so the rest of the night he kept saying, "I scare mommy, I scare daddy, I scare Grandma." So grateful that Aaron was prompted to look where we never would have thought to look and that he was not scared.



No comments:
Post a Comment