The last Sunday in March Aaron was released from the Bishopric. It was a bittersweet day. I felt so relieved to know that I got him back, I felt a little selfish for feeling good about getting him back, I was excited to have him sit with me at church, especially with the new baby coming, I was worried that we would never know anybody new or any news now that we were both released from leadership positions. President Burnham several times thanked me for my support in his time of service. He had told me in our interview that they had considered Aaron for Bishop, for High Council... but felt strongly that I needed him now and that he was to have a ward calling so that he could be with his family. That kind of hurt, I don't want to be 'that' wife, the one that demands her husbands time and attention. Especially at the cost of serving the Lord. But, I was grateful for their inspiration and it was confirmed to Aaron and to me as well that this was right. There will be a lifetime of time to serve. SO... he was called to teach youth Sunday School and LOVES it. Really truely loves those kids.
Aaron, Bishop Peter Van Mondfrans, Steve Williams
(thanks Jenny, Aaron stole your picture!!!)
I am grateful for the time that he was able to serve, for the opportunity for growth and blessings for all of us. I know the Lord watched over us as we sacrificed the last 2 1/2 years for him to serve in this calling. I am so gratful for the friendships that were made and for the chance he had to be around these other two strong and wonderful men. Now we get to settle into a less busy (well church wise) life and figure out how to fill up our Sundays and Tuesdays!!!
... baseball, basement, soccer, flag football, basement, Seven Peaks, basement...



So, I've been doing some catching up on a few blogs, one being yours! Dave has been told on several occasions that he was being considered for service that would require more of him than what he has been doing and on a couple of different instances, I have known it was because I needed him at home. I don't think you should feel hurt or be saddened by that, but should instead embrace it and rejoice over it! I know that sounds crazy, but there will come a time when those callings are being considered again perhaps then it will be right. For now, enjoy the time he is home and hopefully he gets some opportunity to enjoy the kids while they are little. As long as he isn't slacking on his convictions, then you know that it is the Lord's will and you can smile and enjoy it! :)
ReplyDelete