Sunday, May 29, 2011

Saturday...A Beautiful Day!

Jeremy and Clarissa were married in the Manti Temple
May 28th, 2011.
It was a perfect day.  The flowers were beautiful, the weather was sunny and warm.  Clarissa looked beautiful in her dress and the two together could not stop smiling.  It was wonderful.
(well... except for my kids but we will talk about that later...)

The Temple in Manti!
I somehow missed getting pictures of the luncheon... oh wait that is probably because I was trying to keep my kids sitting at a table when they wanted to run around and touch everything that was extremely breakable.  It was a yummy lunch in a beautiful place.
If I find pictures from another source I will post them later!
We had a long nice nap time while we drove from Manti to Kanab where Clarissa's family lives and they had a reception there.  It was GORGEOUS!  The decorator did a beautiful job.  I did not capture any great pictures of the reception either... oh wait because I was trying to keep my boys from touching everything there.  So, I am sitting watching the cute video of Jeremy and Clarissa and suddenly it stops playing... out from behind the TV with his hands over his mouth and eyes bugged out is Landon.  Then a few minutes later a sweet older lady says, "Don't pull on the decorations" and I look over and there is Landon and the decorations are falling as he is shimmying under to play tag.  Eww... I was about to lock them in the bathroom at this point or bury them in the backyard.  It was so frustrating to be the only one there with kids who could not hold still and just be good.  Actually there were not any other kids except my sister's kids, and they were being good.  WHY????  Why did I get these wild boys to give me ulcers and white hair.

Some thoughts and highlights:
They cut the top layer of the cake... the one you are suppose to freeze and nobody stopped them!
Laura caught the bouquet... her third time!
Clarissa WROTE a song and her dad helped her put down the music for it and not only did she write it but it was beautiful, it was a great song!

1 comment:

  1. Aww thanks for your post Amy :) I'm so glad you guys could be there! It was such a wonderful day! And I'm glad you guys could go to the Grand Canyon and everything too. And nice pictures! :)

    PS....about the top layer of the cake: we knew that we were supposed to freeze the top layer, and we wanted to (I'm sentimental like that anyhow)....but the lady in my ward that did the cake said that it would be tricky....if we took the top layer off, it could come tumbling down with the unsteady pedestals (it was leaning when we attempted to cut it haha)....anyways, she made an additional little "top layer cake" that was in the freezer. (perhaps it's not the same...but oh well). so i announced to everyone as we were cutting it that it was okay....that there was another one made. so no worries! haha ;)

    ReplyDelete