We decided this year to write the Easter Bunny an email and ask him to come on Saturday morning because we got talking and really wanted to focus on Christ this Easter. We put so much into celebrating Christmas and the birth of our Savior and I have never liked that we just brush through Easter, although this is the MOST important event in the entire history of the world. This is what it all comes down to and so we wanted to make it more apart of our focus.
The weather held up and the boys enjoyed hunting for eggs out in the yard even though it was nippy.
Jared was right in the middle of it all, not really worried about eggs but walking around just like the brothers were doing, happy as could be for one egg in his hand.
After they found the eggs Aaron took the three older boys to the park for the city egg hunt.
They enjoyed it and came home with a small stash of candy to add to their baskets.
We played and just relaxed the rest of the day and in the afternoon they colored eggs. Andrew actually got into it this year, spending some time on his designs and putting effort into it.
Waiting, semi-patiently for the egg to dye yellow.
Ummm.... I don't know what he is doing... staying out of the way!!!
So, goal in the next year is to get ONE good picture of these four monkeys together... a whole year has gone by with four boys and I have NO good ones of them together. Why is it so hard to just smile? Seriously.
But, at least they have cute outfits :)
First the complaint was the sun... so we went inside, then it was... well who knows, just won't look and smile. Oh well. I was so irritated that I just quit at that point. At least we have a funny picture to laugh at a few years down the road, right?




I'm glad I'm not the only one that has trouble getting a good kid picture!
ReplyDelete