Sunday, May 29, 2011

Sunday...The Grand Canyon

Sunday we got up and ready for Church and were able to be there for Clarissa's brother's Mission Farewell.  It was a wonderful Sacrament meeting.  I really enjoyed what the speakers said and Clarissa and her mom and sister sang a special musical number. After Sacrament we headed back to the hotel to hang out with Grandma for about an hour and then drove to Arizona, a new state for all four of our kids, to see the Grand Canyon!
Pictures can not do justice to the magnificent things we saw (or to how hard the wind was blowing).
I really am not comfortable with heights and I thought that Trevor for sure was going to be blown off the side of the cliff... down to his death in the Grand Canyon.  We actually wasted a lot of time calming my fears and quarelling about whether or not this was safe to do today.  But, in the end we hiked out to Angel Point and it was amazing.  The boys all lived through it and so did I.
What a beautiful world we live in!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment