Monday, November 22, 2010

A ROCK TO THE HEAD!!!!

So my Andrew walks home from school every day, well unless it is torrential down pour and then I have pity and go get him.  I tell him never to walk alone if he can help it.  Most days I watch for him casually as I pasts by the window, peeking out to see him walking up the block.  Tuesday I saw him come around the corner and a few seconds later hear him crying from across the street.  Now, he is a bit of a baby so I never know when to take his crying seriously but this time I decided to and went out to him.  He had a lump the size of a golf ball on his left forehead.  I could not get him to tell me what had happened for a number of minutes but turns out some silly (family friendly) kid was throwing big rocks around on the path from the school and one rock hit Drew in the head.  By dinner time it had swelled to the size of a baseball.  NO joke!  The poor kid will have a bruise for a while but I am just SO grateful that it didn't knock him out or even split his head open. So, word of caution... Do NOT walk next to boys throwing rocks on your way home from school!


No comments:

Post a Comment