Growing up this was always a great day!!! There are two ways to look at it, you can stay up an hour later because you are gaining an hour so it isn't REALLY as late . OR You can go to bed at normal time and get an extra hour of sleep!!! Aaron choose to look at this through the option one window... I am all over the extra hour of sleep. However, through the years nobody has ever explained this to my children and so one more year I dread this fabulous day and one more day I do NOT get the extra hour because my baby instead of waking at 6:30 got up at 5:30 and my 2 year old got up at quarter to 6 instead of 7!!! And the part that doesn't make sense is if they still got the same amount of sleep, why are they so much crankier today than normal???
My life is built upon the "ONE DAY..." thought. We said "one day" we will have kids, one day we will finish school, one day we will get a house, one day we will have a girl (that one was out of our hands though), as these are accomplished we face a whole new set of one days. Like, one day we will have our year supply complete (working on it!!!), one day we will get out of our student loan and mortgage debt (hopefully), one day we will paint, one day I will have time to sit and scrapbook and be able to leave it out because kids won't touch my stuff! One day... Well one day I will get that extra hour of sleep, but not today!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



So fun! Welcome to the blogging world! I have never really gotten into it, well I used to be better, but I've been pretty bad lately. So WE forgot about day light savings ending and I woke up at 8. (yes, we have 9:00 church!) We jumped outta bed and showered, were getting the kids breakfast and scrambling when I looked at my cell phone and realized it was only 7:30! So nice! Needless to say, I'm grateful cell phones change their time automatically! Add me as your friend! rickynkim.blogspot.com :)
ReplyDelete