Monday, April 16, 2012

Family Night and a Few More GIRLY projects!!

Trevor had the activity for Family Night and he wanted to play super heros... SO the boys all put on Super Hero capes and attacked the bad guy, DAD of course.  It was rather humerous.  I am just glad they let mom rest on the couch.  I was the maiden they were trying to rescue of course. :)


New project... a quilt... like out of cut up triangles!
Luckily I had LOTS of help or I would have been able to finish it faster, and that would have been frustrating of course.  He was SO dang cute though relaying out all the pieces so I just let him, then redid it again and again until finally I had them all sewn together.  That was frustrating for him because he wanted to be able to rearrange.  Sorry bud!

Just finished it last night!!! WOO HOO... well the top.  Now I have to get it attached to the back, yeah, I still got time ;)

This is pretty cute don't ya think.  My cute friend Ashlee, who moved away a few weeks ago (sniff sniff) gave me this piece of wire so I bought a frame at DI for like $3 and spray painted it.  (I will probably rough it up a little when I pull out the sander but for now it is just solid.) Then I hot glued the wire into the frame and ta-da, now I have a cute way to keep the little hair clips from being all wadded in a drawer or stuffed in a basket or something.  What a clever idea.  I am excited to fill it up :)
Ok, so along with the frame I also have made a few new hair clips,  I tried out some tuelle which I loved and some little bitty newborn felt flowers (pink and yellow at the top) and some made from ribbon (polka dots).  Fun Fun.  The one at the very bottom matches a little phesant dress I made out of an old knit shirt.  LOVED this one.  I need to find more knit shirts and make some more.  But, mostly I just love the color... I mean look at that green!!!  I am still missing some colors so I will need to be making some more craft nights to make bows!!!
I LOVED these fabrics.  I thought they would make a cute little rag quilt.  I thought I had PLENTY of material but it turned out kind of small.  It will be more of a lay across the baby than wrap her up but it is cute.  I realized I only have like 2 blankets so I went and bought a receiving blanket today too.  Oh, and a box of diapers!!! :)  I am so ready now.  A weeks worth of diapers and 4 blankets and a dozen bows for her bald little head. HAHA!!!

2 comments:

  1. Amy, really? What can you not do seriously? The quilt is gorgeous, I am loving the darling bows and clips and the cover up blanket is so darn cute! You are one talented lady. Your boys were not only trying to save the maiden waiting but their Super Hero Mom (Wonder Woman). Can't wait to see her! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilt! Super cute! Your shower was fun, you got some fun stuff! I hope you were pleased! Well, I'm still giggling thinking about you asking what you should call me. The truth is my dad, brothers and two sisters usually call me Jen. My mom didn't like the name Jennifer, but if she could call me Jenny then she liked that, so she agreed. And it just cracks me up that my mom in law doesn't like Jenny, but it is okay with Jen. And to keep things straight, they call Steve's sister Jen, JEN, and I'm Jenny and they really are serious about this! So, when people call me Jen it throws them off. Steve often calls me Jen, we are all about nicknames, or shortening names. Pam Wilson calls me Jen. When I'm in a hurry I sign my name Jen. I respond to most anything. so just do what is comfortable for you.

    ReplyDelete