Monday, April 2, 2012

kid quotes

I have spent the last few years texting all the funny things my kids do or say to my mom and sister... and now of course THEY don't remember and didn't write them down and they are gone!!! :)
So, I thought right now I would write down a few funny things that my Jared does!  He will be 2 in 3 weeks and about 30 pounds and cuter than a button.  He is full of energy and spunk and has learned from the most bi-polar child how to be a little bi-polar as of late.  He is sweeter than sugar and then  a bear a minute later.  Usually sparked by the word NO when he wants something like candy or juice.  Diaper changing is a nightmare but rocking him at night (yes I know I have got to stop but I just can't help myself) is the relaxing time of my day.

First, he will NOT say Jared.  He calls himself JJ.  This is most likely because his cute brother Landon has called him JJ from the day he was born.  It stuck.  He says, "My JJ book" "My JJ car"... he says everyone else's name so cute and then says JJ... :) He also calls Landon, Lany. 

He loves all things with wheels.  He gets excited everyday to play cars and trains.  He lines them up along the TV stand in front of the TV.  Waiting for the day when his head gets in the way and dad starts telling him to move... but for now, he is always right there.  He loves Lightning McQueen and Francesco and he runs in all the time and asks what Finn's name is... then he says Yeah, Finn and nods his head.  Mater is hard to say but he tries.

The other night it was time for family prayers and Aaron said, "Jared, will you please come in here for prayers?" (posed as a question...his mistake)  He moves his little eyeballs to the thinking pose, you know what I mean looking up at ceiling then says, "ummmm... No thank you" and walks out.

So there is a song by Michael Franti that says "I love you, I love you, I love you" and I LOVE to hear him sing it to me when I sing it to him.  I know, probably not the best song/artist but it is so dang cute.  Then tonight in the tub to hear Trevor and Jared singing it to each other and trying to outdo the other, to 'win'... oh these boys!!!

He has become a parrot... my parrot.  Everything I say to the other boys, mostly repremanding them, he says right to them too... with his finger pointed or whatever.  Oh man.  He is going to get me into trouble!

He LOVES Mickey Mouse and will only pick to wear the diapers that have Mickey AND Puppy (aka Pluto)  I bought the Kirkland brand recently... we will see how he feels about elephants. :/

He is always the first one to help clean up.  If mom says, time to clean up, or time to turn off the TV he runs to help and obey... which gets him yelled out a lot by brothers who are NOT quick to follow.  He sings "clean up, clean up"

As soon as we finish the opening song in Sacrament he is ready for Nursery... LOVES nursery.  I need to send thank you cards to his nursery teachers because he love love loves them and I am grateful.

He is a people person.  He loves to say Hi to everybody in the store and is not afraid to be left with neighbors or family, for which I am so very grateful.  It makes leaving when I need to a lot easier knowing he is perfectly content.  Trevor was not always that way!!!

There will be more, hopefully but for tonight some thoughts that have been spinning in my head.  I sure do love this age, as much as I hate it!!!  Terrible Toddlers are also the Terribly Cute Ages.


No comments:

Post a Comment