After dinner gets cleaned up we read and act out the story of Jesus' birth. In years past we have dressed up the kids and acted but this year our good friend gave us a puppet set to use and relive the story. It was fun and the kids had fun being the different character puppets.
Jared got to be the manger and baby Jesus.
Dad was the Narrator and read the story to us and told us who came in when and what songs to sing.
Landon was the Star and the Angel and did a great job the entire time of holding the Star so that we knew he was over the Manger.
Trevor was our super CUTE Samuel the Lamanite who told the people in the Americas that the baby Jesus was going to be born in 5 years.
He was also the Shepherds who saw the star, listened to the Angel and then journeyed to see the baby in Bethlehem.
Another thing we do is read a story. Some years we read a few but this year we decided to go simple and we just read "The Tale of Three Trees"
It was sad to not read "The Giving Tree" or "Why Christmas Trees are Not Perfect" as we always have in the past but it was nice to have just one story and not loose the kids attention being too long.
At the end of the night we always have the kids open up their PJ's from us. This year I made them all matching BYU
pants and got a white shirt to go with. They were super excited and looked mighty cute in their jammies all ready for bed. I was just glad they all fit since it
was guess work on sizes since I couldn't have them all try them on ahead of time!!!



I somehow missed this post! I am glad you had fun with the puppets!
ReplyDelete