Saturday, January 22, 2011

STOP getting so BIG!

I find my heartbreaking every time I look at my boys and they are that much bigger and that much older.  I walked into Jared's room yesterday to find him sitting up in his crib with his little hands around the bars looking out at me!  First thought was HOW?? did you do that?  And then immediately following I realized he could have tumbled out and it was way past time to move the crib down to the lower setting.  Dad moved it down last night before bed!  So glad he hadn't made it any farther than sitting up! 

He is not little by any means, he was big when he was born and has just stayed big.  He is not fat, just super long and is going to be a very tall boy.  But, the one thing that he has listened to was when I told him not to move... still not even close to crawling!  All of the other boys were into everything by now, but baby J just sits or gets down on his belly and rolls around.  I told my mom he was a lazy bum, she said it is just fourth child syndrome.  Either way, I am glad that for at least this one thing he is staying a little baby for me!

I spend so much time feeling overwhelmed, under appreciated, over worked and underpaid.  I think about the some day's that I have all listed out in my head, of things that I can do when they are grown up and not so needy and I realize that THESE days are slipping by too fast.  Someday my arms are going to just ache to hold my crying baby at 3 in the morning.  I tried to think about that this morning but all I could think was, please go to sleep, I am so tired!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on this one!! They grow so fast and it is not fair. Why does it have to be hard when they are little and want us? When they are older and things are easier they are going to want nothing to do with us. It really is backwards if you ask me!!

    ReplyDelete