Monday, March 7, 2011

I AM JIMMER FREDETTE

Okay so I am just going to assume that everybody and their dog knows that my family of boys likes BYU just a teeny tiny little bit (HUGE GRIN) and it may surprise most that they spend most of everyday pretending to be the star of the team, which team depends of course on which season we are in.  Well, right now as we are heading into the Madness of March and the BIG DANCE it is of course, basketball.

Trevor every morning asks me "Are we going anywhere today?" because if the answer is NO he wears dress up clothes and if YES then he knows he has to wear "real" clothes... when it is time to go.  Well, dressed in his basketball best; which is of course baseball pants that are way too big, a Jazz jersey, also too big, and his church shoes, because that is what he can put on himself, he headed out to the garage to shoot some hoops.   He set up his basketball hoop on one end and the wagon on the other.  Everybody knows you have to have 2 baskets for a game, duh Mom! 

I was in and out of the house working on a project and as I was standing on the steps having just come back out from grabbing something he was standing at "half court" (middle of garage) and shot the basketball.  It was a perfect shot and as the ball bounced back and he picked it up he turns to me, eyes as big as they can get, mouth about to smack the concrete and says "I made it... Did you see I made that shot.  Mom, I am Jimmer Fredette.  I am Jimmer Fredette.  I AM Jimmer mom I am Jimmer Fredette!  I made that shot from here just like Jimmer!" 

Yes, he did and a whole lot more after that too.  He was proud as a peacock and walked a little taller that night.  My little Jimmer!

2 comments: