I remember very well when our good Bishop from the pulpit said that it was a good idea and the job of the mother to have quiet time in their house... or something like that. Well, this is NOT a new concept at our house but it was greatly appreciated to have somebody else to label as the bad guy for this not so happily accepted practice. Everyday we eat lunch and then I put the boys in rooms, Trev use to sleep but now he just fights me. He says "I will not go to sleep" I reply, "Fine, but stay in your room, with the door closed and read books or play quietly". He cries for a bit and then he stays for a few minutes and then, he will not go back in. He hides on the stairs, he hides in my room. He dresses up and pretends he is a warrior, hunting for, well me because I am the one he is mad at.

But, THIS is what I often find when I visit his room after "Fight Time"... a mess. He gets EVERYTHING he has out of his toy boxes and clutters his room in an attempt to get back at me. Well, then everynight we work together to clean up his room. Seriously Trev, just stay in your room and have fun. It is NOT worth the fight and crying.
What I wouldn't give to have a nap everyday! :)
But, THIS is what I often find when I visit his room after "Fight Time"... a mess. He gets EVERYTHING he has out of his toy boxes and clutters his room in an attempt to get back at me. Well, then everynight we work together to clean up his room. Seriously Trev, just stay in your room and have fun. It is NOT worth the fight and crying.
What I wouldn't give to have a nap everyday! :)



No comments:
Post a Comment