I am pretty good at not letting this little monkey have my phone but it is something that he LOVES. I don't understand how kids always know when they are handed a play phone and not the working one but this little friend does not go for anything other than the real deal. I walked into the living room to find him "talking" on the phone saying "da da da da da..." and thought he was so cute... which he was.
Well, then last night we were getting ready for bed, it was Monday so I am all alone in this adventure and while we are sitting out in the hallway to read scriptures (because Andrew is in the tub) he grabbed my phone and I started to fight with him but that didn't seem like a battle worth fighting at that moment (first mistake). I tell Landon to go potty and meet me in his room. I tell Andrew to hurry and get out of tub. I tell Trevor to stop playing with the tape measure, which I had left out. I grabbed the tape measure, turned my back (second mistake) for ONE SECOND... really just one maybe one and a half and suddenly there are screams from all 4 boys and I turn to find Jared reaching into the toilet. Of course, my heart jumps out and I am like NO!!! GROSS!!! and that is when I see it... my phone, taking a swim in the bottom of the bowl.
Well I washed it (hey it was already wet and it was in the boys bathroom toilet of all nasty places), took it apart, dryed it the best I could, put the kids to bed and then a cute friend told me to put it in a baggie of rice for a few days and let it dry. Well, I am not a patient person and so 12 hours is all I could wait to see if it had worked... (drum roll)... nope. I put it all together and it would vibrate and that was about all. So, back into the baggie it went and I am of course thinking I am going to have to buy a new phone... which may not be all that bad, except that it costs money and we all know that I don't like to spend money! But, after A day in the baggie I tried again tonight (yes I don't know why I am so impatient) and yipee! I have a working phone.
Jared threw a big tantrum tonight when he saw my phone on the counter and I did NOT let him touch it. Poor kid ;)
I did learn that it is really hard to live without my phone and my texting addiction, and that it is a lot quieter and more productive day when it is not spend glued to the phone. I wouldn't say that I got much done or was a better mom today but I sure was less distracted and more focused.
Well, then last night we were getting ready for bed, it was Monday so I am all alone in this adventure and while we are sitting out in the hallway to read scriptures (because Andrew is in the tub) he grabbed my phone and I started to fight with him but that didn't seem like a battle worth fighting at that moment (first mistake). I tell Landon to go potty and meet me in his room. I tell Andrew to hurry and get out of tub. I tell Trevor to stop playing with the tape measure, which I had left out. I grabbed the tape measure, turned my back (second mistake) for ONE SECOND... really just one maybe one and a half and suddenly there are screams from all 4 boys and I turn to find Jared reaching into the toilet. Of course, my heart jumps out and I am like NO!!! GROSS!!! and that is when I see it... my phone, taking a swim in the bottom of the bowl.
Well I washed it (hey it was already wet and it was in the boys bathroom toilet of all nasty places), took it apart, dryed it the best I could, put the kids to bed and then a cute friend told me to put it in a baggie of rice for a few days and let it dry. Well, I am not a patient person and so 12 hours is all I could wait to see if it had worked... (drum roll)... nope. I put it all together and it would vibrate and that was about all. So, back into the baggie it went and I am of course thinking I am going to have to buy a new phone... which may not be all that bad, except that it costs money and we all know that I don't like to spend money! But, after A day in the baggie I tried again tonight (yes I don't know why I am so impatient) and yipee! I have a working phone.
Jared threw a big tantrum tonight when he saw my phone on the counter and I did NOT let him touch it. Poor kid ;)
I did learn that it is really hard to live without my phone and my texting addiction, and that it is a lot quieter and more productive day when it is not spend glued to the phone. I wouldn't say that I got much done or was a better mom today but I sure was less distracted and more focused.



No comments:
Post a Comment